Monday, October 10, 2011

Identical Boy Cousins?

For the first time ever, my twin sister and I are pregnant at the same time. Not only are we only 3 weeks apart, but we are both expecting boys! It is such a special experience to share with your sister (especially your twin sister), and for both of us to be having boys makes it even more special. I hope that our boys will always be close, just like their moms. We joke about them being identical cousins as we know there is no way they will look anything alike given how different their daddy's are. Here we are together in a photo taken on August 20th, Heather is on the left at 27 weeks while I'm on the right at 30 weeks.


Of course, I will never forget the day I found out Heather was also having a boy. She insisted that she had to tell me in person, so I was left anxiously waiting for hours. When she came through the door I was on my laptop writing an email which I wanted to finish before looking up at her. Something told me not to look until I was ready, and when I did look the first thing I saw was 'OH BOY' written in large letters on her t-shirt. I was beside myself with excitement. After having two girls, I knew that the odds of her having a boy this time were lower than before. Needless to say, I was happily surprised!

Read my sister's blog about the day she found out she was having a boy: http://abeainmybonnet.blogspot.com/2011/08/oh-boy.html

No comments:

Post a Comment